Subject: start your own business
From: [email-masked] (Intelligent Light)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 1996 23:04:04 -0800

Hey everybody, 
I saw a post on the list recently about some people who were thinking about
doing a tutorial book for certain programs. I thought it would be great to
have information that no one has done before, and it's useful. I have talked
with many people on the internet and there are several questions that have
come up repeatedly. So, I thought I would ask you, if you thought it would
be good to provide answeres to these questions in the form of a video.

Intelligent Light is a small animation company, (2 guys) who provide graphic
services to a wide range of clients. We do the animation for the "Barney"
T.V. show as well as their "Home Video" collection and most of their
marketing stuff.
We work for ABC Sports, JC Penneys, Black and Decker, and a bunch of smaller
local clients. The point to all of this is that we are just like most of
you. I decided to start my own business 4 years ago and have learned quite a
bit in the process. After answering the same questions over and over, I
thought why not do a tape on it and let people use it as a guideline to
start their own animation business. Here is a rundown ov the topics we would
cover:

STOP SPENDING MONEY AND START MAKING IT

STAY 100% DEBT FREE

HOW TO MARKET SUCCESSFULLY

LEARN TO QUICKLY QUALIFY YOUR CLIENT

CLOSING THE SALE

PITFALLS! THERE ARE JOBS YOU CAN AFFORD NOT TO TAKE

LEARN WHAT TO CHARGE FOR YOUR SERVICES

COLLECT FROM THE GUYS WHO WON'T PAY!

HOW TO CREATE A PERFECT DEMO

WRITE OFFS! KEEPING UNCLE SAM OFF YOUR BACK

I have a more detailed explination of these topics but I don't want to abuse
the list. If any of you are interested in this I will gladly send you the
detailed outline VIA email. I wish I would have had this kind of information
when I was starting out. You CAN begin your own animation business with what
you have. Dare to be self employed! You can go to work in your underware!!!
Wave on!

Tom Rennen
Intelligent Light Digital Imaging
214-420-6815